Woop Woop! Happy new year people!
The end of the year’s been really busy. But the more the end is approaching, crazier it gets. And December has been mad. Studying, visiting Astoria vineyards and Italy (more on that soon with some great local recipes!!), sparkling festival in Portorož, Christmas with my family and NY’s with best people ever!
This year started crazy good 🙂
And this year also started with snow… So my promise of making a december giveaway winner’s favourite chocolate recipe came in handy. Chocolate pancakes, coffee and white snowy mornings. Perfect.
Homemade nutella + hazelnut butter
- 55 g dark chocolate (I used Green Dream 72% organic chocolate)
- 50 g milk chocolate (I used Balance chocolate sweetened with stevia)
- 320 g hazelnuts
- 2 Tbsp raw cocoa powder
- Heat the oven at 180°C vent. Put the hazelnuts on a baking tray and roast for couple of minutes, until the skins are cracked and darken.
- Take out of the oven. Rub the hazelnuts in between two kitchen cloths. The skins should get off easily. Transfer to a blender and pulse until smooth and liquid.
- Divide the hazelnut butter in two jars. Here you are: you’ve just made a jar of hazelnut butter. Proceed with the other jar to make nutella.
- Melt both chocolates, mix with cocoa powder and add to hazelnut butter. Mix well to combine all ingredients.
Pancakes (makes aprox. 5 – 6 pancakes)
- 15 g buckwheat flour
- 30 g brown wholegrain rice
- 20 g coconut flakes
- 25 – 35 g of any milk
- 9 g butter or coconut oil
- 1 tsp sweetener of your choice (I used Perfect Fit)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Using a coffee grinder, grind wholegrain rice and coconut flakes. Mix all the dry ingredients. Whisk egg and milk, than mix in. Melt butter and add to the pancake mixture. Let rest in the fridge for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, take chocolate nutella. Place a sheetof baking paper on a cutting board. Make six nutella discs (1 tsp each) and put into the freezer.
- Take the pancake mixture out of the fridge. If it’s too thick, add some milk. Take the frozen nutella discs out of the freezer.
- Heat the pan to medium, grease with oil and add a tablespoon of pancake mixture. Immediately add a chocolate disc and cover with some more pancake mixture. Repeat with the others.
- Eat right away and if desired, add some hazelnut butter.