This are my new favorite chocolates! Rich chocolate flavor and silky texture. And some oranges for nice Christmas flavor.
Pack them in a thin foil box covered with some nice paper and you will get a truly deluxe present!
- 1 big avocado
- 40 g pitted dates*
- 80 g chocolate (at least 70%)
- 4 tsp unsweetened cocoa
- peel of two organic oranges
- cocoa for dusting
- Using a blender or food processor mix avocado, orange peel and dates into a smooth cream.
- Mix in 4 tsp of cocoa using a spoon.
- Melt chocolate over water bath and mix it in the avocado cream.
- Put it in the fridge for 2-3 hours to get firm.
- When firm enough, form balls with your hands and dust it with cocoa.
* I find this sweet enough. However, my friend who tested it said it wasn’t sweet enough. I might have lost the perception for sweetness since I don’t eat sugar anymore. Add more if necessary 😉
Back to Last minute DIY Christmas gifts