Coconut carrot cake upgrade Nº2: raw cupcake with coconut frosting
For this recipe I was actually inspired by raw lemon cupcake prepared by Barbarella – green chef that I’ve tried at Open kitchen – food market in Ljubljana that’s open every Friday when the sun comes out. I’m sure my recipe has nothing to do with hers, but those flavors were so remarking that I just had to try something similar on my own.
Frosting is a must!
The cupcake itself is pretty dense, so you need to balance it with something light. The best is to use coconut whipped cream. When I was preparing this, I didn’t have any so I’ve mixed some greek yogurt with coconut oil, left it in the fridge for couple of hours and what came out was simply delicious.
- raw coconut carrot cake recipe
- coconut oil and greek yogurt or coconut whipped cream
- coconut flakes and strawberries to garnish
- Follow raw coconut carrot cake recipe. Use small cake ring to form cupcakes.
- Prepare whipped coconut cream or mix 1/3 coconut oil and 2/3 greek yogurt for frosting.
- After letting sit everything in the fridge for couple of hours, garnish cake with frosting, strawberries and sprinkle with coconut flakes.