I never understood why would anyone put perfectly fresh and sweet blueberries in the pancake batter. That sounded completely irrational. Cooking fresh berries. Right.
I was probably really hungry the last time I went to the store. I came home with almost a kilo of blueberries. So, I decided to make some blueberry pancakes… OMG! When those blueberrues start popping in your mouth it’s like…
From now on I’m having my pancakes with blueberries!
Ingredients (makes aprox 11 – 12 flapjacks):
- 1 big egg
- 20 g rolled oats
- 10 g coconut flour
- 10 g coconut flakes
- 1 Tbsp vanilla protein (optional)*
- 1/2 Tbsp linseed
- 2 Tbsp Perfect Fit (sweetener)*
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 big handful fresh blueberries
- coconut oil for baking
- greek yogurt & fresh blueberries to garnish
* I make my own vanilla protein mix: ground vanilla & 50% rice – 50% pea protein
* I’m using Perfect Fit sweetener as I can’t eat sugar. It replaces 100% sugar and 50% fat (avaliable in Spar and VitaCare)
- Put rolled oats, coconut flour, coconut flakes and linseed in a cofee grinder and mix to get a flour like consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl, add Perfect Fit sweetener and baking powder and mix.
- Add an egg an mix altogether until smooth. Start gradually adding milk – the batter shouldn’t be too liquid. Add fresh blueberries.
- Set aside for 5 – 10 mins.
- Spread some coconut oil over the pan. Use 1 Tbsp of batter for each pancake.
- Serve with greek yogurt and fresh blueberries.