It’s been three years since I’ve started my balcony garden. It had its ups and downs. Tomatoes, cucumbers, paprikas, herbs and spinach all worked well, but there were some serious fails with pumpkins and artichokes. And strawberries weren’t any success either so far. I wasn’t even planing to plant them this year but something was telling me I should…
And it turned out to be a good decision, because this year I indeed have strawberries growing at my balcony! They are absolutely delicious, and to be honest, they went straight to my yoghurt in the morning. I would not dare to cook them. But they did inspire me to make this strawberry galette.
- 60 g rolled oats
- 50 g wholegrain spelt flour
- 80 g shredded coconut
- 45 g cold butter
- 1 Tbsp agave syrup or honey
- 1 egg yolk
- pinch of salt
- 30 ml cold water (or more if needed)
- 300 – 350 g strawberries
- 3 Tbsp chia
- 1 big Tbsp strawberry jam (I used 100% fruit content jam)
- 1/2 of vanilla pod
- 1 – 2 Tbsp stevia or sucralose
- Grind rolled oats and coconut in coffee grinder to obtain flour consistency.
- Mix all the flours and salt, than add cold butter and mix evenly. Add agave syrup or honey and egg yolk. Mix and add water as needed. Form a ball, wrap it in plastic foil and let sit in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Cut strawberries in half. Mix all the ingredients for filling.
- Take the dough out of the fridge. Roll it out in between two sheets of baking paper. Put all the filling in the middle and fold the ends inwards.
- Bake for 25 – 35 mins at 180ºc.
- Sprinkle with mint leaves. And yes… vanilla ice cream is always a good idea!