This morning I woke up with the smile on my face. I pulled up my window blinds and let the sun come in. It was bright and the colours were amazing. Birds singing. Not cold at all… Almost as if it were spring already. I went to the kitchen and made myself a cup of coffee. Cozy. I couldn’t be happier! Then I realised that a glorious morning deserves an equally glorious breakfast. I took my time. And a second coffee. I had coconut chia with roasted blood orange compote.
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 4 big Tbsp chia seed
- 1 big Tbsp finely grated coconut flakes
- 100 – 150 ml coconut milk (depends on the consistency you prefer)
- sweetener of your choice (I used sucralose)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 blood oranges
- 1,5 Tbsp rum
- 1 tsp bee pollen
- Peel and cut oranges. Preheat oven at 170ºc and bake 30 – 40 mins. Turn once in between. Let cool.
- Mix chia, coconut milk, sweetener of your choice, vanilla extract and coconut flakes. If necessary, grind coconut flakes in a coffee grinder. Let sit. If after 10 mins the mixture does not have the consistency you prefer, add some chia, coconut flakes or milk.
- Using a fork, mash the cooled baked oranges, reserving one or two pieces for garnish. Add rum.
- Assemble in a jar, putting the compote on the bottom, topping with chia pudding and garnishing with a piece of orange and some bee pollen.
- And you can always multiply the ingredients and prepare couple of jars for your next breakfast (or late night snacks and desserts as I did 🙂 ).
7 thoughts on “Hello sunshine!”
this looks amazing 🙂
Thanks 🙂 Well, you know what they say: you look as you feel. Same goes here: it looks as it tastes. Delicious! 🙂
Thank you natosharose! 🙂 And let the sun shine on your beautiful life all the time!
That is an absolutely stunning breakfast! I have to ask though – the bee pollen?? I’ve seen it in a few health food stores now and am totally intrigued!
Hi Jess! Thanks a lot 🙂 As far as bee pollen is concerned… it’s pollen that bees collect from the flowers. It’s actually food for the bees. I’ve read a lot of different things about it, like it will help you loose weight or will boost you with energy… I’m not that sure about that, and if it was the case you would probably have to eat a lot of it. Like really a lot. My grandpa had bees, so I consider all bee products healthy. Bee pollen is rich in proteins, vitamins, minerals, amino and folic acids. So for me it’s like putting a spoon of hemp seeds in my morning cereals: it tastes good, adds colours to my breakfast and makes me happy when I look at my bowl 🙂 It certainly adds some small amount of minerals, vitamins and other healthy things to your meal. So yes, if you’re not allergic to pollen, you should definitely give it a try! 🙂
This looks amazing!! ❤