This morning I woke up with the smile on my face. I pulled up my window blinds and let the sun come in. It was bright and the colours were amazing. Birds singing. Not cold at all… Almost as if it were spring already. I went to the kitchen and made myself a cup of coffee. Cozy. I couldn’t be happier! Then I realised that a glorious morning deserves an equally glorious breakfast. I took my time. And a second coffee. I had coconut chia with roasted blood orange compote.
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 4 big Tbsp chia seed
- 1 big Tbsp finely grated coconut flakes
- 100 – 150 ml coconut milk (depends on the consistency you prefer)
- sweetener of your choice (I used sucralose)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 blood oranges
- 1,5 Tbsp rum
- 1 tsp bee pollen
- Peel and cut oranges. Preheat oven at 170ºc and bake 30 – 40 mins. Turn once in between. Let cool.
- Mix chia, coconut milk, sweetener of your choice, vanilla extract and coconut flakes. If necessary, grind coconut flakes in a coffee grinder. Let sit. If after 10 mins the mixture does not have the consistency you prefer, add some chia, coconut flakes or milk.
- Using a fork, mash the cooled baked oranges, reserving one or two pieces for garnish. Add rum.
- Assemble in a jar, putting the compote on the bottom, topping with chia pudding and garnishing with a piece of orange and some bee pollen.
- And you can always multiply the ingredients and prepare couple of jars for your next breakfast (or late night snacks and desserts as I did 🙂 ).