Lately I’ve been going nuts about beets. It’s probably one of the most amazing vegetables. There are so many things you can do with it, be it sweet or savory. And I just love that color!
There’s more on its health benefits in one of my older post. Anyway, raw, cooked, steamed or oven baked. Everything goes. So here it is, my favorite dip/spread.
- 1 large avocado
- 2 medium size beets
- 1.5 tsp coriander seeds
- 1.5 cumin seeds (Cuminum cyminum)*
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- some roasted hazelnuts to garnish
- Cut beets in quarters, sprinkle with olive oil and bake on low temperature (at 180ºc) until it softens. Cool and peel off the skins.
- Finely grind coriander and cumin seeds.
- Using a hand blender mix all the ingredients.
- Serve with corn tortillas or crackers. You can also use it like this.
*more on cumin – carvi – black cumin here.
2 thoughts on “Roasted beet and avocado dip”
My toddler daughter loves beets lately i think i will make this for dipping at snacktime 🙂
That’s a really good idea 🙂 And beets are soo healthy!