Yes, It’s peach week. Can’t help it. You have to eat them when’s the season. So, I was thinking of making an easy dessert. In autumn we usually make baked apples or apple crumble. I wanted something similar, with a summer twist. With peaches.
Since I’m trying to make desserts without any sugar, peaches are pretty great. They’re so sweet you don’t have to add any sugar at all. It’s a bit more complicated when it comes down to making crusts. But a couple of dates will help. When finely chopped, they get sticky enough to bind all the ingredients. And they add a wonderful caramel flavor when baked.
Rolled oats and coconut work great together. The oats add a lovely rustic flavor and texture, and coconut reminds you of summer.
Ingredients (serves 3):
- 420 g peaches
- 40 g rolled oats
- 40 g coconut flakes
- 30 g cooled butter or coconut oil
- 25 g pitted dates
- Cut peaches in even pieces. You can leave the skins on.
- Grind half of the rolled oats (optional).
- Chop dates really fine.
- In a separate bowl mix both rolled oats, coconut and dates. Add butter or coconut oil and crumble with hands.
- Put peaches in a baking dish and add a bit of butter. Sprinkle with coconut mixture on top.
- Bake 20-30 mins at 180ºc.
- It might looks messy on the plate, but it will wipe you off your feet! Enjoy!