This must be one of the easiest fish dishes ever. Mix, pour over and roast. That’s it. And it’s basically done by itself.
Fish will cook under the sauce and will be tender and delicious. The best is to serve it with white basmati rice that will allow all the flavors from the sauce to come out.
- 400g white fish
- 110g onion
- 80g tahini
- 80 ml water
- lemon peel of 1 lemon
- lemon juice from 1 1/2 lemon
- 20g mint
- salt, pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil for cooking
- Finely chop onion. Heat oil and add onion. Stir for aprox 15 min at medium temperature, until softened and slightly caramelized. It should not be burned, so add more oil if needed.
- In a blender mix at high speed tahini, water, lemon peel and juice, salt and pepper and sautéed onion.
- Put the fish in profound baking dish. If the fish is thick, make couple of diagonal cuts so that it cooks more evenly.
- Pour the mix over fish and roast for 10 – 15 mins at 230ºc or until lightly brown.
- Serve with basmati rice.